Sad!! Ariana Grande's Drummer Reveals Terrifying Moment Manchester Suicide Bomb Detonated After Their Show
Ariana Grande’s drummer Aaron Spears
Ariana Grande's drummer has talked about the moment the Manchester suicide bomb detonated laving everyone dazed.
Ariana Grande’s drummer, Aaron Spears, has spoken about the terrifying moment the Manchester suicide bomb detonated as they made their way back to their dressing room after the show, Fox News reports.
The suicide nail-bomb killed 22 and maimed 59 as thousands of fans left the Manchester Arena on Monday night.
Speaking to Fox News, Aaron told of the “heartbreaking” moment they realised a bomb had gone off in the venue and said the “painful memory will live with them all forever”.
Thousands of adults, teenagers and children screamed and fled in panic as a terrorist detonated a huge bomb – thought to be packed with nails and bolts – as Ariana’s concert ended.
Aaron said the band were all safe and were evacuated within seconds of the bomb going off.
He said: "We finished the show and we were walking back to our dressing rooms and BOOM!!!
"We could hear people we had no idea what it was... There was all kinds of speculation as to what was going on...
"Like 5 minutes after getting to the room, security came in and informed us that we had to evacuate the building immediately.
"It was then that we realised this was serious. Initially we thought that the sound was all kinds of things but it didn't hit that this was a bomb until we were evacuated and they told us exactly what was going on.
"It's so heartbreaking because so many little ones attend our shows... I just keep thinking about them"
While Ariana and the band were all safe, Aaron said they had been psychologically scarred by the attack.
He added: "I'm extremely thankful that no one on the touring crew was physically hurt but this painful memory will live with us all forever. I'm still just in disbelief... It's so surreal..."
In the wake of the attack, Ariana has decided to axe her gigs in London later this week, and put her entire European tour on hold, according to TMZ.
A representative from the singer’s label confirmed yesterday the 23-year-old is “okay”, although reportedly “in hysterics” following the bombing.
She also posted an emotional message to her Twitter saying: "Broken from the bottom of my heart, I am so so sorry. I don’t have words.”
Meanwhile, the bomber has been identified as Manchester-born Salman Abedi.
Cops have also swooped to arrest a 23-year-old man in Chorlton, south Manchester, in connection with the bombing.
ISIS have since claimed responsibility for the barbaric bombing and warned of more "severe attacks" in Britain.
Among the many dead is pop fan Georgina Callander, 18, who has today been described as a girl who “lit up the room”.
She had tragically written to her pop hero yesterday, telling the pop star: “SO EXCITED TO SEE U TOMORROW”.
Saffie Rose Roussos, who was just eight-years-old, was the second victim to be named on Tuesday.
- Other Apps